Online Asset Auctions
GovernmentAuction.com also sells assets and collector’s items such as jewelry, loose stones and precious gems; fine art such as prints, bronzes, sculptures; rare coins; and sports memorabilia. Each asset is sold as a single payment sale, which means you pay for the item up front in one lump sum payment. Before placing a bid, be sure to read the item description carefully, as well as the warranty and terms and conditions.
For jewelry, loose stones and precious gems, GovernmentAuction.com determines the value of each item by utilizing Retail Replacement Value Appraisals (the most common type of jewelry appraisal). This would be the cost to replace the jewelry with an item of equal quality and kind, considered to be the current market price or the replacement value. Our appraisals are conducted by an independent third party appraisal firm that utilizes Certified GIA Gemologists.
Fine art such as prints, bronzes and sculptures comes to us for immediate liquidation from various estates, foreclosures and bankruptcies. The condition and values may vary from lot to lot. We make every effort to include all pertinent information and descriptions, but keep in mind that we are not artwork experts, so please bid accordingly.
The rare coins we offer consistently sell for 30% to 60% of the estimated value. Many of our coin pieces are acquired from bankruptcies, estate sales, foreclosures, and various government agencies.
The condition and values of the sports memorabilia we offer may vary from lot to lot. Many lots have been professionally graded by independent grading companies, but we strongly recommend that you make your own determination about an item’s grade. We make every effort to include all pertinent information and descriptions, but please keep in mind that we are not memorabilia experts, so please bid accordingly.
If you are the winning bidder for an asset:
- Your bid, plus a 15% buyer’s premium, is the total price you pay for the item.
- Your purchase must be paid within 5 working days or our policy is to release the item for sale again to another party.
- There is a shipping and insurance fee per sale. This fee will vary per item.
- You will receive your item when we receive payment. We ship and track all merchandise via FedEx or UPS.
- The buyer’s premium and shipping/insurance fee are non-refundable if the item is returned, except if the error is ours.